Achieving Double Eyelid Without Surgery:
Types of tools: tape, glue, fiber, double sided tape, eyelid clip
- Glue for beginners with thick eyelids that tape will not hold.
- Double sided tape that has similar effect as glue.
- Thick tape ex: 3m
where to put the tape or glue?
- Start off lower, if started too high the eyelid tends to unfold.
- For people w/out double eyelid try 3cm above lash line. Then as time goes by, your eyelid will be able to fold more because the skin is loser and then you can move up.
- For people who already have a small crease you can start higher. For people with a crease use tape and locate the bottom side of the tape with the line of your crease.
***And for people who have small creases already use the tape at night time and do so consistently for a few weeks to months will appear sooner than those who don't already have small creases.
(I've included pictures of my before and after, sorry for the bad quality of the pictures when I had single lids, it's harder for me to get pictures that long ago with good quality :( but I hope you get the idea of the contrast that I'm trying to show you guys**you can click on the pictures to view them in their original size)
I started wearing the glue in the seventh grade. I did not have eyelids at all. I wore the glue only during the day for a year or so and my left eye became double. My right eye is a little bit more stubborn. I let my eyes rest for a couple of month in between and didn't wear tape or glue and walked around with one double and one single. Then I started wearing glue again in high school. Right eye didn't not want to become double until the end of high school when the lid loosened up a bit more. In college I sleep less and my eyelid area some times gets really dry for some reason and this sort of helps the crease stay. There's less fat in the skin as we age and same in the eyelids. Since my eyelids are less fatty, the crease naturally tends to stay. And I'd say they've become a bit larger too. It definitely took years to get my eyelids to become double but it was well worth it. Even though surgery may give you drastic results faster, but I took the slower and more natural way to achieve my eyelids.
If you are someone who does not want to have surgery and want to save money then please follow the tips I've given above. :)
Good luck. <3
|Double eyelid before and after|
|my permanent double eyelid now|
|double eyelid with makeup|